Interest in sharing operational experience with other users?

Victoria Risk vicky at isc.org
Mon Mar 19 18:47:43 UTC 2018

ISC does not pretend to have all the answers when it comes to operation of BIND-based services.

Is there interest in having a series of user-to-user presentations on experience with BIND systems administration?  Anyone who feels they have a clever or easily reusable solution to a common problem, or who has come up with a useful open source monitoring or provisioning tool could volunteer to do a short presentation with some Q&A, open to any other interested users. ISC would advertise these and ‘host’ them.

I know that enthusiasm about live webinars varies widely, but we can also commit to archiving all the slides and recordings for those who prefer to scan and skip ahead.

I have managed to recruit one user to start this off.

Presenter: Felipe Espinoza of NIC Chile
Topic: Felipe Espinoza of NIC Chile will share his experience reviewing and benchmarking different open source software to generate an integrated monitoring system for DNS, from the capture of the DNS packets, their storage, visualization and alerting of abnormalities.
Date, Time: Mar 27, 2018 10:00 AM iPACIFIC TIME)
Register: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_p8inqvcCRlCEk-k_2hwcnw

Is anyone else willing to give this a try? You can ask on list whether anyone is interested in your proposed topic, and/or unicast back to me to try to schedule something.

Vicky
Victoria Risk
Product Manager
Internet Systems Consortium