RPZ and static stubs

Trevor Woolley twoolley1963 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 23:26:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to track down an issue I'm seeing when attempting to upgrade
from 9.8.2 to 9.11.2.

The issue lies with RPZ's and static stubs.

Required functionality: Override main domain for some entries, but allow
look ups for the main domain if not located in the RPZ rewrite zone file.

I have no change ability on the main domain servers. And the servers that
are being used are in a Lab, which has it's own subdomain off the main
domain

The setup works fine on version 9.8.2, but when using 9.11.2, I have to
remove the static-stub entry for the primary domain, to get the rpz rewrite
to respond. Which then stops the look up for the main domain on no entry in
the RPZ rewrite zone file.

What I would like is some pointers on where to look, and or what to try.

I did try adding the appropriate rpz-passthru to the RPZ zone file, but
that had no impact on the result.

Rgds
Trevor