wildcard not working after record deleted

Maria Iano bind-lists at iano.org
Tue Jun 20 14:25:32 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 10:02:04AM -0400, wbrown at e1b.org wrote:
> > Thanks for your answer. There are no other records with that name in the
> > zone, and an ANY query comes back empty but still with status of
> > NOERROR. Unfortunately, I can't provide the query and zone data, and I
> > do understand that prevents you from helping.
>
> Not even an SOA record?

There is an SOA record under the AUTHORITY SECTION. There is no ANSWER
SECTION. Here is what comes back from a dig command, and I apologize for
having to remove the names:

; <<>> DiG 9.10.2-P3 <<>> @<server> <name> any
; (1 server found)
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1
;; WARNING: recursion requested but not available

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;<name>		IN	ANY

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:

;; Query time: 59 msec
;; SERVER: <server>
;; WHEN: Tue Jun 20 10:14:58 EDT 2017
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 108

That is the entire output from the dig command!

Thanks,
Maria