reverse dns configuration for IPV4, IPV6+ dns+ mail ?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jun 19 08:45:08 UTC 2017

On 19.06.17 10:27, Mark Elkins wrote:
>Another solution could be to make one of the names a CNAME pointing to
>the other name.

No.
This would create a real problem, since NS and mail have different AAAA
records.

>-or-
>
>Just use one generic name for both services. rather than the two
>"service" names.

impossible, since the info above (and in other threads - different servers.

>Although in all honesty, I see nothing wrong with a lookup returning two
>answers (in a single response packet)  for the one reverse query. BIND
>certainly is not confused. I guess it confuses people?

apparently yes, because this thread exists.
There's OP confused about a problem that does not exists.

- Have you got anything without Spam in it?
- Well, there's Spam egg sausage and Spam, that's not got much Spam in it.