DDNS - limitation and excluding updates from certain networks

MAYER Hans Hans.Mayer at iiasa.ac.at
Mon Dec 25 17:08:35 UTC 2017

Dear Philippe,

thanks for your reply.

> - and, always in DHCPD.conf, set that only in the subnet you want.

Of course, but this does not prevent that a client takes a name which is already in use in an other protected network.
The name of the client comes from the client itself and not from the DHCP server.

> the interim style use for each A record a TXT records to ensure that 'static' dns entries are not overwritten by dynamic (dhcp) client.

Ah. This would be great if this works.
I have to test. I will report to you. But after New Year.

Kind regards
Hans