[Question] zone transfer issue with multiple views

Eoin Kim Eoin.Kim at rcst.com.au
Fri Dec 8 01:05:06 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me find the cause of the problem I am currently having. I am testing BIND with two views - internal, external. Everything seems okay except for one thing - zone transfer doesn't look happening for reverse zone for external view. On my slave server, I can see the following log message:

08-Dec-2017 10:55:59.247 general: info: zone 0.20.172.in-addr.arpa/IN/external: refresh: unexpected rcode (NXDOMAIN) from master 192.168.0.7#53 (source 0.0.0.0#0)

Servers are using TSIG for zone transfer. It looks like zone transfer itself working for all other zones except for reverse zone for external view. Could I please get help if possible? I am using Debian Jessie and BIND was installed from its repository. I am willing to post BIND configurations if needed. Thanks a lot.

Eoin Kim
Systems Administrator

RCS Telecommunications
Level 1 - The Annexe