Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Apr 19 15:11:40 UTC 2017

Grant Taylor via bind-users <bind-users at lists.isc.org> wrote:

> The only occurrences I found for "ecs" on the two release notes didn't
> include more details about how to configure views to use it.

Yes, it's a bit mysterious.

> Nor did I see details on how to have BIND send ECS with queries when
> it's a recursive server.

The 9.11.0 release notes say "supported for authoritative servers" which
is meant to imply that named can't send ECS queries. (ECS has difficult
implications for DNS caches.)

> I'd also like to see if it's possible to have dig send ECS info.

See the +subnet option in `dig -h` and the man page
https://ftp.isc.org/isc/bind9/9.11.0/doc/arm/man.dig.html

Tony.
Lundy, Fastnet: Variable 3 or 4. Smooth or slight, occasionally moderate later
in southwest Fastnet. Fair. Good.