Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Apr 19 14:59:59 UTC 2017

On 04/19/2017 03:37 AM, Tony Finch wrote:
> This is what the EDNS client subnet option is about. You can use it in
> BIND by adding "ecs" clauses to your address match lists for views or
> acls. However it isn't documented in the ARM and it has significant
> problems. See
> https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01432/0/BIND-9.11.0-Release-Notes.html
> and especially
> https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01480/0/BIND-9.11.1rc3-Release-Notes.html

The only occurrences I found for "ecs" on the two release notes didn't
include more details about how to configure views to use it.  Nor did I
see details on how to have BIND send ECS with queries when it's a
recursive server.  I'd also like to see if it's possible to have dig
send ECS info.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die