db.domainsurvey.isc.org 204.152.184.104 queries

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Sep 26 22:48:48 UTC 2016

In message <OF913DB6E0.020FC9FA-ON8625803A.0065DBAE-8625803A.006700A2 at notes.cat.com>, "David A. Evans" writes:

>         I'm moving the authoritative servers for some of my V4 reverse
> zones and have noticed 204.152.184.104 querying me for
> 180.x.x.x.in-addr.arpa over and over again.   Any given /24 combination
> gets several queries per day for the 180 IP.   Across my class B's its
> generating thousands queries per day which is not a big deal, but it
> continues to query the old severs for days after the TTL's on the
> delegation has expired.  Hence the reason it stuck out and I started
> looking at it.
>
>         I could only find sales email addresses listed for the "ISC Domain
> Survey" data so I decided to try here.   Its not breaking anything, I just
> found it ironic that ISC's data mining was not honoring the TTL's in the
> reverse zone delegations.   Also, I found it annoying that they were
> asking for the same reverse tens to hundreds of times over the course of
> several days.
>

> David Evans
> Enterprise IP/DNS Management
> Network Infrastructure Tools and Services

Did you try clicking on "Contact" on the main isc.org web page which
leads to https://www.isc.org/mission/contact/ or even the SOA contact
field hostmaster at isc.org or even info at isc.org from the domain survey
page.  All of these methods are monitored.

I'll forward this on.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC