*Reminder of the* L-Root IPv6 address renumbering

Bob Harold rharolde at umich.edu
Tue Mar 22 16:44:10 UTC 2016

 On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 1:57 PM, John Bond <bind at johnbond.org> wrote:

> This is reminder that there is a scheduled change to the IPv6 addresses
> for the
> L-Root server, that will take effect on March 23, 2016.
>
> The new IP addresses for the L.ROOT-SERVERS.NET will be:
>
> 199.7.83.42
>
> 2001:500:9f::42
>

> Please remember to update your root “hints” files on your DNS
> infrastructure.

I appreciate the announcement of the change ahead of time, but I don't feel
like it is safe to update my root hints file based on an email, which could
be spoofed.  It's not that I don't trust you, but someone could spoof your
email.
So I am waiting for the new IP to show up in the root zone or some other
trusted place.  Has it already been published in some place that can be
verified?  (I should have asked this when it was first announced.)

--
Bob Harold