Delegation questions

Willmann, Robert Robert.Willmann at commerzbank.com
Fri Aug 12 09:07:21 UTC 2016

Hi Harald,

> > Do you see other downsides to forwarding?
>
> you get the lowest TTL in the whole chain and god beware none of the multi-hop forwarders have a cache hit so it makes it to the last in chain doing then recursion - it's a simple "worst case math"

Do you ever have seen a significant issue with this in real life?
Some companies I forward queries t, even give back their answers with a TTL of zero - so there is not even a theoretical difference in the TTL between forwarding and other means of resolution in these cases.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Robert Willmann

--
Commerzbank AG
Group Information Technology

Postanschrift: 60261 Frankfurt am Main
Geschäftsräume: Mainzer Landstr. 151, 60327 Frankfurt am Main
Tel.:	+49 69 136 - 290 71
Fax:	+49 69 136 - 590 71
Robert.Willmann at commerzbank.com

Commerzbank AG, Frankfurt am Main http://www.commerzbank.de