New IP for Auth Servers

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Sep 17 01:00:15 UTC 2015

Am 17.09.2015 um 02:54 schrieb Mark Andrews:
> This sort of of thing is *supposed* to be caught by the Registry
> or by their proxy the Registrar.  Teresa, if you failed to receive
> a notification that your glue records were wrong you should be
> asking why you are paying good money for registry services that are
> not being performed to agreed specifications.
>
> RFC 1034 and the requirements specified therein predate the assignment
> of the registry role to the current registrar so there is no excuse
> of "we didn't know we were required to check".
>
> Mark
>
> RFC 1034 4.2.2. Administrative considerations
>
> As the last installation step, the delegation NS RRs and glue RRs
> necessary to make the delegation effective should be added to the parent
> zone.  The administrators of both zones should insure that the NS and
> glue RRs which mark both sides of the cut are consistent and remain so

they where originally not wrong, the IP's changed and in that case you
need to inform the registry to change the GLUE records - how should they
know and even if the ymonitor it - in what timeframe?

don't get me wrong but if you change the GLUE IP'S for a domain you need
to coordinate that - been there once- forget that too in that case but i
admit as it happened it was only my fault and nobody elses