New IP for Auth Servers

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Thu Sep 17 00:54:52 UTC 2015

This sort of of thing is *supposed* to be caught by the Registry
or by their proxy the Registrar.  Teresa, if you failed to receive
a notification that your glue records were wrong you should be
asking why you are paying good money for registry services that are
not being performed to agreed specifications.

RFC 1034 and the requirements specified therein predate the assignment
of the registry role to the current registrar so there is no excuse
of "we didn't know we were required to check".

Mark

RFC 1034 4.2.2. Administrative considerations

As the last installation step, the delegation NS RRs and glue RRs
necessary to make the delegation effective should be added to the parent
zone.  The administrators of both zones should insure that the NS and
glue RRs which mark both sides of the cut are consistent and remain so.