Multiple A and PTR and the "main" ones?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Sep 11 12:36:00 UTC 2015

STAY ON LIST - the last time i had enough of repeating that a answer on
a public ML is not a invitation for private support i got moderated...

it is my opinion backed by dealing with DNS and email for many years
facing all problems left and right we never had because the strict
policy here that one IP has only one PTR

what "official bad practice" do you need when you can see the problems
otherwise would not be possible at your own?

and no "gmail.com" (from your second mail) don't prove anything else
because there is no server on that world using "gmail.com" as outgoing
mail HELO what is the reason you can safely reject any client which
pretends to be "gmail.com" in the HELO

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ nslookup mail-ob0-f177.google.com
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:   mail-ob0-f177.google.com
Address: 209.85.214.177

[harry at srv-rhsoft:~]$ nslookup 209.85.214.177
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53
Non-authoritative answer:
177.214.85.209.in-addr.arpa     name = mail-ob0-f177.google.com.

/^amazon\.com$/                             REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^amazon\.de$/                              REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^ebay\.at$/                                REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^ebay\.com$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^ebay\.de$/                                REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^email\.com$/                              REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^facebook\.com$/                           REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^facebookmail\.com$/                       REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^gmail\.com$/                              REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^gmx\.at$/                                 REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^gmx\.de$/                                 REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^gmx\.li$/                                 REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^gmx\.net$/                                REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^google\.com$/                             REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^hotmail\.com$/                            REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^hotmail\.fr$/                             REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^hotmail\.kg$/                             REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^hotmail\.kz$/                             REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^hotmail\.ru$/                             REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^mail\.com$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^microsoft\.com$/                          REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^twitter\.com$/                            REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.ca$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.com$/                              REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.de$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.dk$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.es$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.fr$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.ie$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.it$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.jp$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.ru$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^yahoo\.se$/                               REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)
/^ns[0-9]\.gmail\.com$/                     REJECT Unacceptable HELO
(Forged)