Allowing recursive queries of 'static-stub' zones

Enrico Scholz enrico.scholz at sigma-chemnitz.de
Tue Feb 3 10:57:25 UTC 2015

Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> writes:

> Firstly allow-query on a static stub does nothing.

ok; thx for clarifying

> You should be a master for 31-24.2.1.10.in-addr.arpa and a slave for
> 2.1.10.in-addr.arpa.

Unfortunately, our ISP (Deutsche Telekom) does not allow AXFR of the
/24 zone.  I solved it now by declaring an external (non-recursive)
and internal (recursive) view, where the external one is a master
for 2.1.10.in-addr.arpa covering only our 31-24 range.  This will
break when zone is DNSSEC signed, but when this happens, AXFR can be
simulated and I can ship the whole zone.

Enrico