Troubleshooting Information

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Aug 26 10:45:52 UTC 2015

Bob McDonald <bmcdonaldjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'd still include the hint zone (as I'm partial to not having unnecessary
> warnings on startup).

The "recursion no" directive means you shouldn't have a hint zone in that
view. (I don't know if it will complain about the inconsistency.)

> Also a lot of folks use localhost and/or localnets in DNS configuration.
> Just from a security standpoint, I prefer to be more specific. localhost
> and/or localnets can be much more template friendly, I know.

I just used them as placeholders since they are used in the default ACLs :-)

Tony.
Viking, North Utsire: Easterly 4 or 5, increasing 6 at times. Slight or
moderate, but rough in southwest Viking. Showers later. Good, occasionally
poor later.