rndc flushname not working

Frank Even lists+isc.org at elitists.org
Mon Apr 13 18:17:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:10 AM, Evan Hunt <each at isc.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:05:05AM -0700, Frank Even wrote:
>> ...and where could I find info on what is stored in ADB and any other
>> particular items that flushname might not deal with?  That's where my
>> frustration largely is, that I can't find clear documentation on this
>> point.
>
> I believe "rndc dumpdb -all" will give you that.
>
> Note, "rndc flushname" always took care of the ADB and the bad cache for a
> given name.  "rndc flushtree" is the one that used to be a problem -- it
> would recursively clear all the names below the specified one from the
> DNS cache, but it wasn't touching the ADB or the bad cache.

Ah...it does appear I was confusing flushtree and flushname in the
most specific doc I could find -
https://kb.isc.org/article/AA-01002/0/How-do-I-flush-or-delete-incorrect-records-from-my-recursive-server-cache.html

I have to apologize for that.  I'd still definitely be curious to know
what info is stored in the ADB though since according to the docs ADB
was never intended to be flushed with a "flushtree" (although that has
now apparently been addressed in a new version as stated earlier in
the thread).

Thanks.