rndc flushname not working

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Mon Apr 13 18:10:15 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 11:05:05AM -0700, Frank Even wrote:
> ...and where could I find info on what is stored in ADB and any other
> particular items that flushname might not deal with?  That's where my
> frustration largely is, that I can't find clear documentation on this
> point.

I believe "rndc dumpdb -all" will give you that.

Note, "rndc flushname" always took care of the ADB and the bad cache for a
given name.  "rndc flushtree" is the one that used to be a problem -- it
would recursively clear all the names below the specified one from the
DNS cache, but it wasn't touching the ADB or the bad cache.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.