In BIND 8.2 running on Solaris 8, how to start logging

Samad Agha samad.agha2007 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 17:07:32 UTC 2014

Hi All,
I have two Solaris 8 servers running BIND 8.2. I'd like to retire them both
and transfer everything to a couple of RHEL 7 boxes. The City (I work for a
mid-size California city) has outsourced different aspects of our DNS that
I even lost track and have no idea what these two DNS servers serve. I'd
like to start logging all queries on these two boxes to know who queries
them. How do I start a comprehensive logging to capture all transactions
going through these two servers?

Please advise; please be thorough and don't assume anything. Many thanks in
advance.
Regards,
Samad