architecture question

Jeremy P jpcraigs at gmail.com
Thu May 9 19:00:13 UTC 2013

Too often its the corner office friend!

You are right, those other people may get hired, but not by people who know
how to interview.  I ran an IT department for 10 years prior to teaching
and my goals of hiring were always first, don't hire jerks.  Second, hire
people who know their stuff inside and out, backwards and forwards.  The
second goal got easier over time as we developed better screening questions
and scenarios.  Not hiring jerks is much more difficult and I would
appreciate any silver bullets people may have in this realm.