servfail response message question

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Thu Jun 27 16:57:32 UTC 2013

please skip privcate messages - I do read the list.

On 27.06.13 09:47, RYAN CHERVENKA wrote:
>Here is the example.com zone file and example.com db file, without the AAAA
> record.

>;alias to GSLB for www
>www     IN      CNAME   www.gslb.example.com.
>
>;sub-domain delegation to LB
>
>gslb IN NS  LB1.gslb.example.com. ; primary dns vip-east
>LB1.gslb IN A   10.10.1.101 ; primary glue record

I should have been more precise in my question:

>On 26.06.13 13:20, RYAN CHERVENKA wrote:
>>The Ubuntu server is delegating a sub-domain to the LB. The LB is
>> authoritative for the domain and is responding to client requests

>for the domain or the subdomain?

which domain is configured on the load balancer, example.com or
gslb.example.com?

>It would be best if you provided us those domains, if they are accessible
>from us.

It would be best if you provided us the REAL domain names, not example.com.
If they are accessible from us, of course. We could check it ourselves and
see how it behaves from the net.

Microsoft dick is soft to do no harm