broken ISP in china

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Feb 19 07:20:05 UTC 2013

On 19.02.13 10:25, Noel Butler wrote:
>One thing I need to point out, your SOA timings seem extreme...
>
>refresh 86400  drop that to 3h
>retry 3600, drop to 900

I don't see the reason for doing these, unless NOTIFY does not work, but in
such case it's the NOTIFY that should be fixed...

>expire 604800 change that to 4w

not needed but

>and negative cache value 86400 <gulp> drop that to no more than 3600,
>maybe even just use 600.

I agree with this one. Value 86400 for negative cache is widely used, but
mostly from obsolete understanding of SOA field name "minimum".

The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.