Disable log message

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Oct 24 16:33:11 UTC 2012

Alan Clegg <alan at clegg.com> wrote:

> This message was added by general recognition that being able to rebuild
> a "drop-in" binary for BIND when you didn't have access to the build
> directory (where the config.log contains the information) was a good
> thing.
>
> I, for one, see no reason to suppress this message (but I do have blind
> spots at times).

I have a tangentially related patch. I wanted to direct BIND's startup
logging to the same file that it is configured to use after initialization -
rather than always sending startup messages to syslog. The patch adds a -L
command-line option for this purpose. You could use it to suppress the
startup logging with -L/dev/null I suppose...

http://dotat.at/cgi/git/bind-9.git?a=commitdiff;h=logging-startup

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.