Survey - how many people running ISP nameservers define "minimal-responses" - was Re: What is the deal on missing "Authority Section" and "additional section" from google's DNS servers?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at ipinc.net
Wed Jul 11 18:26:03 UTC 2012

Great answers to my question, thanks!

So now, what do you guys all run?

I have always followed the principle of "provide the most information
possible and let the users decide what to ignore" which is why I never
gave a second thought to providing additional data.

But if as Warren said:

"...Many things (correctly (IMO)) ignore the info in additional section
due to past entertainment with cache poising, etc...."

then what would be best practices for an ISP?

Ted