Single machine VPS

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Mon Oct 17 13:36:31 UTC 2011

Create an entry for just the domain and be sure to add a dot to the end so it doesn't append the domain name:

nicaragon.com.  IN A 46.105.24.194
www     IN A 46.105.24.194

Without the dot the domain is appended so that nicargon.com without a dot would actually be seen as nicaragon.com.nicaragon.com.   With the dot it is seen simply as nicaragon.com.

www in the above is NOT completed with a dot so that it is actually seen as www.nicaragon.com.