Help to solve ROOT DNS query

Larry Brower lbrower at hostgator.com
Wed Mar 30 07:50:20 UTC 2011

Your questions seems more geared towards a list that deals with Microsoft

Perhaps try the NT System Admin list or the AD list:

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/communities/

On 03/30/2011 02:34 AM, babu dheen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  We are using Microsoft AD server as DNS server for our company and we
> have configured FORWARDER to ISP DNS server for external domain queries.
> What we noticed that our internal DNS server is able to use FORWARDERS
> all time but firewall logs shows that internal AD servers is contacting
> root DNS servers parallelly.
>
>  Please help us to resove this problem.

- --

Larry Brower
Level II Linux Systems Administrator
HostGator.com LLC

lbrower at hostgator.com

Http://www.hostgator.com
Http://support.hostgator.com/

Fedora Ambassador - North America
lbrower at fedoraproject.org
http://fedoraproject.org/

PGP/GPG Key: 0xAE838321
Key fingerprint = 4F4D 41D7 12D5 DD3F 5A20  1398 7503 FCEC AE83 8321

?So much of what we call management consists in making it difficult for
people to work?
                       -- Peter F. Drucker