RHEL5 BIND in PROD

Mike Diggins mike.diggins at McMaster.CA
Tue Mar 15 13:45:14 UTC 2011

I'm about to transition my name servers from Solaris 10 to RedHat Linux
5.6. I'm debating whether to compile BIND directly from source as I
usually do or use one of the RHEL packages, likely the newly released
9.7.0-6.P2. I would like to make our DNS a little more appliance based to
ease some of the support burden. I'm also concerned with stability over
new features. I'm interested to know what others are doing.

-Mike