How to Setup a Name Servers visible on Internet?

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Jun 21 13:22:47 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:26:30PM +0200,
 Metropolitan College <Eric Kom> <erickom at metropolitanstaff.co.za> wrote
 a message of 87 lines which said:

> But since I got the internal services to resolve, if I remove the
> internal resolution, I won't solve request in the case if my
> internet is down?

This sentence is not clear. So I prefer restating the good practices:

1) Authoritative and recursive services are two very different things
and should be handled separately. Set up an authoritative name server,
set up a recursive name server and don't mix them.

2) Views are brittle and complicated and should be avoided.