question about thehartford.com domain

David Sparro dsparro at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 20:08:42 UTC 2011

On 6/15/2011 7:41 PM, M. Meadows wrote:

> The DNS admins at thehartford.com seem to feel that this nameserver
> mismatch is working as expected.
>
> So I'm just wondering if anyone still feels that the nameserver mismatch
> seen with the digs in earlier parts of this email thread may present a
> problem to servers requesting name resolution for address records in the
> "thehartford.com" domain.

It will be fine as long as nothing goes wrong.  It may not be as robust
as they think it is because it means that depending on the state of my
cache, I may need to be able to get an answer from one of NS1 or NS2
*AND* one of hfdns3, hfdns4, simns3, or simns4 simultaneously.
This creates an additional potential point of failure.

--
Dave