BIND error: opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL

kshitij mali foreplayboy at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 07:01:42 UTC 2011

Hi All ,

I am unable to lookup some domain getting SERVFAIL  error to the dig command

find the result below:

[root at D1OKH680RL ~]# dig goelexports.com
; <<>> DiG 9.2.4 <<>> goelexports.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 63082
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;goelexports.com.               IN      A
;; Query time: 10 msec
;; SERVER: 127.0.0.1#53(127.0.0.1)
;; WHEN: Wed Apr 27 03:28:13 2011
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 33

===================================
Where has there is not real problem at all with the domain
see the dig reasult from whois.net

; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-16.P1.el5 <<>> goelexports.com
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;goelexports.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
goelexports.com. 14400 IN A 69.16.253.121

;; Query time: 1765 msec
;; SERVER: 128.242.54.18#53(128.242.54.18)
;; WHEN: Wed Jun  8 03:00:19 2011
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 49

Please some one from the list will help me troubleshoot from my server

Regards,
Kshitij