BIND error: opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 10:58:58 UTC 2011

Please do not top-post your replies, and trim out irrelevant quotes.
Thank you.

On Mon, Jun 06, 2011 at 02:33:21PM +0530, kshitij mali wrote:
> There are 2 more other domain giving same error below are the domain
>
> cherryhill.com.au
> interfreightinternational.com.au
>
> will u please help me out for above 2 domains also

There are thousands upon thousands of domains with broken DNS in one
way or another. If anyone expects you to make domains work that you
don't control, that person has unreasonable expectations, and will
not be satisfied.

If you learn how to use the dig(1) tool, especially with +trace, you
can identify DNS problems on your own. The Cricket book, _DNS and
BIND_, might be a useful investment.

If you learn how to use the whois(1) tool, you can determine who is
responsible for Internet domains and IP addresses. Note that whois
isn't part of the BIND distribution, so questions about its use are
offtopic here.

Mark threw you a fish for the other domain. I'm giving you a fishing
net. Jump in there now and catch some fish!