Forward only zones.

Vbvbrj vbvbrj at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 14:23:29 UTC 2011

On 25.07.2011 10:15, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
>>> This is how BIND is supposed to work. If you _need_ such setup, why
>>> don't you setup your AD servers as recursive point clients directly
>>> to them?
>>> you can teoretically configure maximum cache time in BIND but that
>>> would be useless server.
>
>> I can configure AD servers to Microsoft DNS. But how about
>> workstations? The all are configured to use BIND DNS. If I change
>> them to Microsoft DNS, then there is no use of BIND DNS.
>
> There's already no use for BIND if you really want what you described.
> So better deinstall BIND and configure stations to use microsoft's DNS.
>
> Not that I prefer or advise using microsoft's DNS, is sucks pretty
> much. But as you described it, there's no point in using BIND for you.
I have this point. I want to use BIND, because the server on wich
resides BIND is also a gateway to internet and every client is
configured to use it. And this server I prepare to switch to *unix
system, and I am moving every necessary service from windows integrated
to opensource multisystem support.

I just can't for now move active directory's dns database to BIND.