Forward only zones.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jul 25 07:15:45 UTC 2011

On 25.07.11 09:24, Vbvbrj wrote:
>It's an example of name. I don't use underscore. )

>>This is how BIND is supposed to work. If you _need_ such setup, why
>>don't you setup your AD servers as recursive point clients directly
>>to them?
>>you can teoretically configure maximum cache time in BIND but that
>>would be useless server.

>I can configure AD servers to Microsoft DNS. But how about
>workstations? The all are configured to use BIND DNS. If I change
>them to Microsoft DNS, then there is no use of BIND DNS.

There's already no use for BIND if you really want what you described.
So better deinstall BIND and configure stations to use microsoft's DNS.

Not that I prefer or advise using microsoft's DNS, is sucks pretty
much. But as you described it, there's no point in using BIND for you.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...