Forward only zones.

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sun Jul 24 15:40:07 UTC 2011

On 24.07.11 09:15, Vbvbrj wrote:
>forwarders { a.b.c.d; };  // Forward to providers dns.
>};
>zone "my_domain.com" IN {

I would prefer not to using underscores in domain names. While they are
allowed, they may cause some stuff not to work.
Why do you have underscore here?

>    forwarders { a.b.c.d; }; // Forward to Windows DNS.
>};

>I would like BIND to respond to local LAN like this: All queries for
>local domain my_domain.com to be forwarded to local Microsoft DNS to
>server Acrive Directory. Other queries to sites to forward to
>external dns servers.
>
>But BIND does not forward everything to microsoft dns. I want that
>BIND forward every query and return answer, without any caching so
>that record updating, adding or deleting will be always up-to-date.
>When I try this configuration, BIND not forwarding every query.
>Answers from its cache, that may be out of date. Also, records not
>always are update when adding or removing computers from domain.

This is how BIND is supposed to work. If you _need_ such setup, why
don't you setup your AD servers as recursive point clients directly to
them?
you can teoretically configure maximum cache time in BIND but that
would be useless server.
"They say when you play that M$ CD backward you can hear satanic messages."
"That's nothing. If you play it forward it will install Windows."