Forward only zones.

Vbvbrj vbvbrj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 06:15:32 UTC 2011

options {
allow-transfer { none; };
recursion yes;
forward first;
forwarders { a.b.c.d; };  // Forward to providers dns.
};
zone "my_domain.com" IN {
     type forward;
     forward only;
     forwarders { a.b.c.d; }; // Forward to Windows DNS.
};

I would like BIND to respond to local LAN like this: All queries for
local domain my_domain.com to be forwarded to local Microsoft DNS to
server Acrive Directory. Other queries to sites to forward to external
dns servers.

But BIND does not forward everything to microsoft dns. I want that BIND
forward every query and return answer, without any caching so that
record updating, adding or deleting will be always up-to-date. When I
try this configuration, BIND not forwarding every query. Answers from
its cache, that may be out of date. Also, records not always are update
when adding or removing computers from domain.