How to allow set Host file dns query priorities in BIND

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Wed Feb 23 09:57:17 UTC 2011

> is there any option in BIND to give priority to HOST file before
> connecting it to internet ISP or local zone?

No. BIND doesn't read/use the hosts file.
What you _can_ do is configure BIND to believe it's authoritative for
those zones, but I'd not recommend doing this unless you have a very good
reason. And if your Internet connection goes down, does it really matter
whether you can do lookups, if you can't make the connections anyway?

Regards
Eivind Olsen