Querying the SOA timers

Balder balder.theglorious at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 1 08:45:04 UTC 2011

Hello,

I have had a bit of a Google but I have been unsuccessful in finding
an answer to this one.   We currently have bind acting as a slave
server for a number of different zones.  The owners of these zones
sometimes change configuration without letting us know, resulting in
zones expiring.  I would like to know if there is a way to query how
long is left to run on the various timers listed in the SOA.   What i
would like is the following information about a given zone
       * The Date and time the last notify was received (was it successful)
       * The Date and time the zone was last refreshed (was it successful)
       * The Date and time of the next refresh
       * The Date and time the zone will expire
Is this information readily available in bind and if so how would i
query it.  If not, does anyone have  any ideas about how this
information could be reliably collected.  This information would more
then likely be used in either a nagios check or a daily email.

Thank you
John