Anyway to disable dns_zone_nscheck in 9.8.0?

Rodney Hives hivesrodney at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 04:09:58 UTC 2011

The dns_zone_nscheck is a real pain for domains that do not have valid A
records (for their NS records).  Is there anyway to disable this check?
I started noticing this problem in 9.7xs.  But at this point I just want to
remove it as it is causing many problems for previous configured name
servers.

There seems to value in the master.h for DNS_MASTER_CHECKNS which is similar
to the other checks (DNS_MASTER_CHECKMX, DNS_MASTER_CHECKMXFAIL, etc.) that
you can turn off in the options of named.conf.  But I do not see any option
to remove the dns_zone_nscheck.

Has anyone removed this function safely?  If so, how?

Thank you!
-Rodney Hives