How does BIND 9 scale with multithreading?

Philippe.Simonet at swisscom.com Philippe.Simonet at swisscom.com
Wed Sep 29 08:37:56 UTC 2010

Hi

i read that 'old' bind version where better when threading was disabled. Load balancing
between 2 processe was better.  Is this always the case ?
http://zaphods.net/~zaphodb/high-performance-bind9.html

some interesting links for DNS performance :
http://kb.linuxvirtualserver.org/wiki/Building_Scalable_DNS_Cluster_using_LVS
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2006-September/063917.html

Philippe