How does BIND 9 scale with multithreading?

Eivind Olsen eivind at aminor.no
Wed Sep 29 07:55:46 UTC 2010

Does anyone know if there are any benchmarks out in the public, which
could give some insight into how well BIND 9 scales with multithreading?
I've tried looking on this list, and googling, but haven't found anything
yet.

To be a bit more specific - I'm not sure what a good option for server
hardware would be for a recursive DNS server. On one hand, the Sun (ok,
Oracle) Niagara/Coolthreads architecture seems to work nicely enough, but
maybe I'd be better off with some generic Intel/AMD based solution with
fewer threads/cores but higher GHz per thread?

Regards
Eivind Olsen