discrepancy with rndc dumpdb -zones

Gordon A. Lang glang at goalex.com
Wed Sep 1 15:02:37 UTC 2010

BIND 9.4-ESV-R2 acting as master and also allowing recursive queries.
It was just a disaster recovery exercise, so the load was extremely light.
It happened repeatedly at the time, but I could not duplicate the problem
on the busy production server.
Matus posted that it could be journal data, which is believable, but I did
not know the dumpdb was supposed to include history -- I thought it was
supposed to be a fully digested and cherent snapshot.
I have not had time to revist this, but I still do want to find out more.
Thanks.

--
Gordon A. Lang