Bind 9.7.2+ Extending views with groups

J. Thomsen list at jth.net
Sun Oct 17 17:41:09 UTC 2010

>If you want a zone to be in multiple views, list it in all of them.

You are totally missing the point. No zones in multiple views !

I am simply suggesting, that a concept of subdividing views should be introduced.

We are having several customers and currently maintaining the zones using separate include
files using external editing tools. As the rndc addzone/delzone has been introduced
maintaining separate include files, it is an obvious possibilty to get rid of the external
tools and use this facility instead.

It only requires, that a search for the appropriate (sub)view is performed and not
stopping the search on the first view matching the client.

All options to be used are of course from the view containing the zone as it is today.

- Jørgen Thomsen