Subdomain delegation only returns SOA on dig

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Mon Mar 29 21:56:11 UTC 2010

The nameserver is recursive (RA in the header of the response means
"Recursion Available"). It recursed to the nameservers of the child
zone, which returned NXDOMAIN for the name mil.nse.spx.net, and it
passed that answer back.

Everything is working the way it is supposed to, including your new
delegation.

If you want to see a referral response from the same nameserver, try a
non-recursive query, e.g. dig +norec, against an empty cache.

                                                             - Kevin