Recursing only for white listed domains

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Mon Mar 8 23:23:41 UTC 2010

On 3/8/2010 2:29 PM, Joe User wrote:
> Hi, I would like to implement a server for an internal business business unit to restrict recusion for only domains white listed by IT. Can anyone share a config for a similar implementation.

Why do you think it's preferable to return a referral, for a query
that's in a non-whitelisted domain, than it is to send back a REFUSED
response, which is what happens in a more typical restricted-query
configuration?

If the client could do something useful with a referral, it almost
certainly wouldn't have been sending a recursive query in the first place.

                                         - Kevin