Microsoft's nslookup Implementation Problems

Tim Maestas t.maestas at comcast.net
Tue Jun 15 18:20:11 UTC 2010

One thing I also learned recently is that the Cisco IPSEC VPN client
dialer hijacks all UDP DNS packets and sends them to the DNS server
handed out by the VPN concentrators.  So "dig @x.x.x.x" and "nslookup
foo.bar x.x.x.x" queries don't actually go to x.x.x.x.  Don't know if
that's in play here but thought it worth mentioning.

-Tim