Dynamically add zones

Dan Durrer dan at vitalwerks.com
Fri Jul 30 23:29:43 UTC 2010

options {

    new-zone-file "/etc/named.d/new_zones.list";

};

include "/etc/named.d/new_zones.list";

## new_zones.list
zone mynewzone.com { type slave; file "mynewzone.com";  masters { 1.1.1.1; };  };

script rndc_addzone.sh
-------
#!/bin/bash

echo "Adding Zone"  ${1}
cd /var/named

rndc addzone ${1} { type slave\;\
                    file \"${1}\"\; \ masters { 1.1.1.1\; \
                            }\; \ }\;

Running rndc delzone mynewzone.com does remove the zone from the new_zones.list file