Dynamically add zones

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Fri Jul 30 23:15:37 UTC 2010

> If I run reconfig it will start answering queries, but I'm guessing that
> is because its just re-reading the include from new-zone-file.   Am I
> missing something here?

That sounds likely.

Can I see your named.conf and the exact configuration text you're sending
via addzone, so I can try to reproduce this?  When I was testing the
feature a while ago, I was getting REFUSED at one point, but I can no
longer remember what it was I was doing wrong or how I fixed it.  Maybe if
I see your setup it'll jog my memory.

(I can assure you it does work, the company that submitted the patch to us
has been using it in production for quite a while...)

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.