Deny MX queries for dynamic IP pools

Sven Eschenberg sven at whgl.uni-frankfurt.de
Sun Jan 31 14:17:02 UTC 2010

Dear Wael,

In what way is blocking Port 25 any worse than blocking MX/root queries
for clients? Both solutions neglect the fact, that spam is not a technical
problem.
Some ISPs think it is a good idea to forward you to a search web page,
when you mispell some URL, this is done via DNS. Obviously, if the
customer dislikes this, the customer will (and can) use his/her own
recursor, stupidity of ISP solved - if the ISP would prevent the customer
from doing this, the customer might not be a customer any longer.

Just my 2 cents.

-Sven