www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov / pubmed

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Wed Aug 18 12:50:45 UTC 2010

No problem.  We haven't enabled DNSSEC here yet.   Man for dig says:

"+[no]cdflag
Set [do not set] the CD (checking disabled) bit in the query.
This requests the server to not perform DNSSEC validation of responses."

Below are the digs with the +cdflag and +nocdflag:

dig +cdflag www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 <<>> +cdflag
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 3, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.          IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.   600     IN      CNAME
www.wip.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.
www.wip.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 30    IN      A       130.14.29.110

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
wip.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.   2059    IN      NS      gslb01.nlm.nih.gov.
wip.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.   2059    IN      NS      gslb02.nlm.nih.gov.
wip.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.   2059    IN      NS      gslb03.nlm.nih.gov.

;; Query time: 48 msec
;; SERVER: 10.0.4.99#53(10.0.4.99)
;; WHEN: Wed Aug 18 08:40:25 2010
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 139

dig +nocdflag www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-4.P1.el5_4.2 <<>> +nocdflag
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.          IN      A

;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.   597     IN      CNAME