Views on differrent interfaces

Willmann, Robert Robert.Willmann at commerzbank.com
Fri Apr 23 06:23:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

To use two instances wouldn't help anything, he would need one instance with two views and a second instance. Not a big win over three views.

But there is an easy solution with only two views. What the op seemes to have missed in the docs is the following sentence:

"The order of the view statements is significant - a client request will be resolved in the context of the first view that it matches."

So the solution could be:
View 1 { match-clients ( trusted_nets; }; match-destination { interface2; }; };
View 2 { match-destination { interface1; interface2; }; };

(assuming the non-trusted_nets are any net which is not in trusted_nets)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Robert Willmann
Commerzbank AG